10 May, 2012

"It's a long, tedious trip, more than thirty hours from start to finish...

"It's a long, tedious trip, more than thirty hours from start to finish, with close to a dozen stopovers ranging from ten minutes to two hours, and from one leg of the journey to the next the seat adjacent to his variously occupied by a round, wheezing black woman, a sniffing Indian or Pakistani man, a bony, throat-clearing German tourist of such indeterminate aspect that he can't tell whether the person sitting next to him is a woman or a man. He says nothing to any of them, keeping his nose in his book or pretending to sleep, and every time there is a break in the journey he scampers out of the bus and calls Pilar."


- Sunset Park, Paul Auster 

I've been stuck here about three days long. Every time something interrupted me, I put the book down solving the problem; then I started over, again and again. Fortunately, I will make a breakthrough today!

Umm..., the next paragraph is a long paragraph. I will see it.

No comments: